When Neil Gaiman writes a New Year's wish on his blog, it's always golden. (If you haven't read CORALINE or THE GRAVEYARD BOOK or STARDUST or ODD AND THE FROST GIANTS, fix that immediately.) Here's the link to this year's journal post, which highlights all of the others he's written throughout the years.
I particularly love 2010's:
5 Amazing Sentences from YA Novels Written by Grant Goodman, 12/16/2014
I was recently given the link to Buzzfeed’s 51 of the Most Beautiful Sentences in Literature. It’s a wonderful collection. I thought that YA novels deserve the same treatment. So over the next few months, as a recurring feature, I’ll be collecting and sharing my picks for Amazing Sentences in YA.
1. I feel such a tenderness for these vulnerable night-time conversations, the way the words take a different shape in the air when there's no light in the room.
2. Moonlight can reveal the truth of things.
3. Life is short, but it's wide.
4. The world was collapsing, and the only thing that really mattered to me was that she was still alive.
5. There was a hand in the darkness, and it held a knife.
Click HERE to read 5 MORE Amazing Sentences from YA Novels!